B.Sc.: National University of Iran (Shahid Behshti University) , Major: Chemistry, (1975).
M.Sc: Eastern Michigan University, U.S.A., Major: Chemistry, (1979).
Thesis: Adsorption of Hg (II) by a chelating resin, application for radiochemical separation of Mercury from biological samples.
Ph.D: University of Manchester, England., Major: Biophysical Chemistry (1986)
Thesis: "Thermodynamic studies of the interaction between detergents and catalases".
Assistant Professor 1986-1992
Associate Professor 1992-1995
Professor Since 1996
- Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, University of British
Columbia, Vancouver, Canada (June-Sep 2000)
- Department of Chemistry, Biophysical Chemistry division, University of Muenster, Germany (August – Sep 2003)
MEMBERSHIP OF SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES
1. Biophysical Society U.S.A (Since 1987-2020)
2. Protein Society U.S.A (Since 1990-2020)
3. Iranian Chemical Society (Since, 1987)
4. Iranian Biochemical Society (Since, 1992).
5.Iran Society of Biophysical Chemistry (President of the society).
6. Associate Member of the International Center for Theoretical Physics
(ICTP), Italy (1994-2002)
EXPERIENCES & ACTIVITIES
-Research, Teaching, Development and Administration 1979 till date.
- Vice-Chancellor for Research, University of Tehran, 1992-1996 and 2005- 2008
- Rector of IBB, 1996-2001, 2003- 2005, 2016-until now
-Teaching courses: Biophysical Chemistry (M.Sc),Physical Chemistry of Protein (Ph.D), Advance Biophysical Chemistry (Ph.D), Biothermodynamics (Ph.D)
-Editorial Board of Iranian J.of Chemistry and Chemical Eng.
-Editor-in-Chief, Quarterly Journal of Rahyaft (2001-2010).
-Editor-in-Chief, Science Cultivation , The Journal of Enculturation and Policy Making of Science, Innovation and Technology. sciencecultivation.ir
- Editorial Board Member of Journal of Iranian Chemical Society (JICS), Springer.
- Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, Elsevier
- Editorial Board Member of Avicenna Journal of Medical Biotechnology.
- Editorial Board Member of Biomacromolecular Journal (BMMJ).
-Regional committee member for Asia and the Pacific, ICSU(International Council for science) [2005-2011]. He is already the president of national member committee of ICSU(Changed name to ISC) at University of Tehran.
-Member of Iran Academy of Sciences
-Fellow of The World Academy of Science (TWAS)
- Fellow of Islamic World Academy of Sciences
-Chair of Center of Excellence in Biothermodynamics in Iran
-Chairholder of UNESCO Chair on Interdisciplinary Research in Diabetes at University of Tehran, Iran
-Khawarazmi Prize, 1990
-National Distinguished Professor, 1997
-National Eternal Figures (NEF) 2003
-The First Class Medal for Research, University of Tehran, 2003
-Razi Fesival First Rank Award,2005
-Elsevier-Scopus International Award for Top Researcher,2007
-Avicenna Festival First Rank Award for Top Researcher,2008
-Member of Iran Academy of Sciences, 2009
- First rank award and national eminent researcher, 2009
- Professor of Eminence of the University of Tehran, 2010
- Prominent Professor appointed by Iran National Elites Foundation 2012
-International Festival of University of Tehran First Rank Award for top ESI (Essential Science Indicator) Scientist in the Fields of Biology and Biochemistry 2013. ESI rank is continued until now.
-TWAS (The World Academy of Sciences) Fellow 2015
- Islamic World Academy of Sciences Fellow 2016
1) Successful completed research project entitled "The physico – chemical studies on the interaction between histone H1 and surfactants"was selected by University of Tehran. The minister of higher education conferred the prize, 1990 and also award of International Khawarazmi Prize in 1990.
2) University of Tehran selected successful completed research project entitled "The effect of ionic strength on the interaction of catalases with sodium n–dodecyl sulfate". The minister of higher education conferred the prize, 1992.
3) University of Tehran selected successful completed research project entitled "Thermodynamic studies on the interaction between Histones and dodecyl trimethylammonium bromide". The minister of higher education conferred the prize, 1993.
4) Successful completed research project entitled "The Physico-Chemical studies on the interaction between adenosine deaminase and nucleosides" was selected by University of Tehran, 1995.
5) Successful completed research project entitled "Binding affinity for glucose oxides in the presence of sodium n-dodecyl sulphate" was selected by University of Tehran, 1997.
6) University of Tehran selected successful completed research project entitled "Thermodynamics and kinetics of denaturation of catalase and peroxides", 1998.
7) Successful completed research project entitled "Mechanistic characterization for two and multi states denaturation of protein" was selected by University of Tehran, 1999.
8) Successful completed research project entitled "Elucidation of substrate functional varieties on enzyme action mechanism" was selected by University of Tehran, 2003.
9) The First Class Medal of Research, University of Tehran, 2003
10) Medal Awarded for Distinguished scientist from University of Tehran in
5th National Festival of Distinct Researchers, Tehran, 2004.
11) The First Rank Award of Razi Medical Science National Festival,2005
12) In recognition of utmost endeavour in the field of popularizaion of science in the society, 9th award of the Iranian Society of Popularization of Science conferred to
A.A. Moosavi-Movahedi, 2007
13) In recognition of scientific contribution in the field of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Elsevier-Scopus award is confered to A.A.Moosavi-Movahedi,2007
14) In recognition of scientific contribution in the field of Bioscience, 9thAvicenna Festival First Rank Award for Top Researcher is confered to A.A.Moosavi-Movahedi, 2008
15) In recognition of top research contribution in the field of Science and Bioscience, 10th National Research Festival; Ministry of Science,Research and Technology of Iran is confered the first rank award and national eminent researcher 2009 to A.A.Moosavi-Movahedi
16) In recognition of top scholar and worldwide reseach contribution in the field of Science and Bioscience, University of Tehran is conferred the highest academic position of 'Professor of Eminence' to A.A.Moosavi-Movahedi,2010
17) In recognition of leading professor in the field of Science, Iran National Elites Foundation is confered the award of “Prominent Professor” to A.A.Moosavi-Movahedi, 2012
18) International Festival of University of Tehran First Rank Award conferred to A.A.Moosavi-Movahedi for top ESI scientist, 2013. This ranking is continued until now
19) A.A.Moosavi-Movahedi elected as TWAS (The World Academy of Sciences) Fellow 2015
20) A.A.Moosavi-Movahedi elected as Fellow of the Islamic World Academy of Sciences 2016
21) A.A.Moosavi-Movahedi elected as a distinguished National Chemist by Iranian Chemical Society 2017
He is the author of 20 books and numerous research full papers published in mostly international research journals mainly in the area of structural elucidation of protein, enzyme and DNA