1. The Prize of The First distinguished staff member at the King Faisal University, Saudi Arabia, 2018.
2. ALMARAI Award for the Outstanding Researcher in Veterinary Medicine), 2017.
3. Recognized reviewer of Elsevier (Theriogenology), 2016. (the certificate is attached)
4. Marquis Who is who in the world 2014 until now. (the certificate is attached)
5. The second best research submitted to the 28th meeting of the Saudi Biological Society, Eco-Tourism and sustainable development, 9-11 April 2013. Hail University, Hail, Saudi Arabia
6. International publications in high ranking Journal with ISI impact factor from King Faisal University, Saudi Arabia (4 times)
7. International publications in high-ranking Journal with ISI impact factor from Alexandria University, Egypt.
8. The best research submitted to 30th scientific congress, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Assuit University, 25-28, November 2008, pp. 365-388.
9. The best Top 10 Hottest Articles published in Science Direct 2007 in journal of environmental toxicology and pharmacology.
10. The best research submitted to 4th International Conference, Mansoura, Egypt, April 5-6, 2005, pp. 1169-1180. The title of the research: Metabolism and excretion of catecholamine (adrenaline and noradrenaline).
11. Scholarship to study PhD in Vienna, 2000-2004, Ministry of higher education, Egypt.
12. The best student in last year of Medical Veterinary study in the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Alexandria 1993 with a final grading "very good with Honor"
13. The best student of Histology in first year of Medical Veterinary study in the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Alexandria 1989 by Egyptian Society of Histology.
*Published Papers (2014-2021)
1. El-Bahr, S.M.; Elbakery, A.M.; El-Gazzar, N.; Amin, A.A.; Al-Sultan, S.; Alfattah, M.A.; Shousha, S.; Alhojaily, S.; Shathele, M.; Sabeq, I.I.; et al. 2021. Biosynthesized Iron Oxide Nanoparticles from Petroselinum crispum Leaf Extract Mitigate Lead-Acetate-Induced Anemia in Male Albino Rats: Hematological, Biochemical and Histopathological Features. Toxics 2021, 9, 123.
2. El-Bahr, S.M.; Shousha, S.; Alfattah, M.A.; Al-Sultan, S.; Khattab, W.; Sabeq, I.I.; Ahmed-Farid, O.; El-Garhy, O.; Albusadah, K.A.; Alhojaily, S.; Shehab, A. 2021. Enrichment of Broiler Chickens’ Meat with Dietary Linseed Oil and Lysine Mixtures: Influence on Nutritional Value, Carcass Characteristics and Oxidative Stress Biomarkers. Foods 2021, 10, 618. https://doi.org/10.3390/foods10030618.
3. Sabry M. El-Bahr, A. Al-Ankari, Saad Shousha 2021. Immune-responsiveness, performance and blood chemistry of broiler chickens fed black cumin seed and/or turmeric. Thai J Vet Med. 51(2): 267-275
4.El-Bahr, Sabry M.; Shousha, Saad; Khattab, Wasseem; Shehab, Ahmed; El-Garhy, Osama; El-Garhy, Hoda; Mohamed, Shereen; Ahmed-Farid, Omar; Hamad, Ahmed; Sabike, Islam. 2021. "Impact of Dietary Betaine and Metabolizable Energy Levels on Profiles of Proteins and Lipids, Bioenergetics, Peroxidation and Quality of Meat in Japanese Quail" Animals 11, no. 1: 117.
5. I.M. Ghoneim, M.M. Waheed, A.M.A. Meligy and S.M. El-Bahr. 2021. The activity of glycosidases (β -n-acetylglucosaminidase, α-n-acetylgalactosaminidase and α l fucosidase) in the uterine luminal fluid and blood serum of the dromedary camel (camelus dromedarius) during the follicular cycle. Journal of Camel Practice and Research. 28 (2): 131-135.
6. M.S. Shathele, Sabry M. El-Bahr, A. FadlElmula and A.M. Hereba. 2021. Treatment of camel dermatophytosis by novel biosynthesised microbial silver nanoparticles. Journal of Camel Practice and Research. 28 (2): 201-210
7. Abdulhakeem Eljarah Abdulrahman Alhaider, Marzook Al-Eknah and Sabry M. El-Bahr 2021. Immunohistochemical localisation of mucin 1 in male reproductive organs of dromedary camels during rutting and non-rutting seasons. Journal of Camel Practice and Research. 28 (2): 161-167
8. Wasseem Khattab, Ahmed Hamad, Ahmed H. Khalil, Saad Shousha, Abdelrahman M. Abdelgawad, Sabry M. El-Bahr, Ahmed Shehab, Tamer M.M. Hassan, Islam I. Sabeq 2021. Ultrasound changes in meat yield of shami goats (Capra aegagrus hircus) fed diet supplemented with zinc oxide nanoparticles. Small Ruminant Research 203 (2021) 106488.
9. El-Awad M. El Hassan, Omar A. Al-Jabr and Sabry M. El-Bahr. 2021. Pattern of Antibody Response to Trypanosoma evansi Infection: A step for production of high affinity antibodies. Alexandria Journal of Veterinary Sciences. 70 (1): 1-6.
10. El-Bahr, S.M., Shousha, S., Albokhadaim, I. Ahmed Shehab, Wassem Khattab, Omar Ahmed-Farid, Osama El-Garhy, Abdelrahman Abdelgawad, Mehrez El-Naggar, Mahmoud Moustafa, Omnia Badr & Mohammad Shathele (2020) Impact of dietary zinc oxide nanoparticles on selected serum biomarkers, lipid peroxidation and tissue gene expression of antioxidant enzymes and cytokines in Japanese quail. BMC Vet Res 16, 349. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12917-020-02482-5.
11. El-Bahr, S., Shousha, S., Shehab, A., Khattab, W., Ahmed-Farid, O., Sabike, I., El-Garhy, O., Albokhadaim, I., Albosadah, K. (2020) Effect of dietary microalgae on growth performance, profiles of amino and fatty acids, antioxidant status, and meat quality of broiler chickens. Animals, 10(5), 761.
12. M.S. Shathele, Sabry M. El-Bahr, A.M. Hereba, Saad Shousha, Mahmoud El Sebaei and Abdelazim Ibrahim 2020. Oxidative stress, histopathological and haemato-biochemical features in dromedary camels intoxicated with gliotoxin. Journal of Camel Practice and Research. Vol 27 No 3, p 277-283
13. Abdelwahab, A.M.; El-Bahr, S.M.; Al-Khamees, S. Influence of Dietary Garlic (Allium sativum) and/or Ascorbic Acid on Performance, Feed Utilization, Body Composition and Hemato-Biochemical Parameters of Juvenile Asian Sea Bass (Lates calcarifer). Animals 2020, 10, 2396.
14. M.M. Waheed, S.M. El-Bahr, A.K. Alhaider, I.M. Ghoneim and A.M.A. Meligy (2020) in-vitro capacitation of spermatozoa as assessed by chlortetracycline staining in Camels (Camelus dromedarius). Journal of Camel Practice and Research. 27(2): 217-224.
15. T. Shawaf, A. Al Mubarak, H. Eidi, S.M. El-Bahr (2020) Season’s effects on some clinical, hematological parameters and blood cortisol level in sedated Arabian horses with xylazine. Journal of Equine Veterinary Science; 84: 102835.
16. El-Awad M El Hassan, Omar A Al-Jabr, Sabry M El-Bahr (2020) Prevalence of Cryptosporidium Parvum in Diarrheic Camel-Calves (Camelus Dromedarius) in Al-Ahsa, Saudi Arabia. Alexandria Journal for Veterinary Sciences. 66(1): 60-63.
17. I.F. Albokhadaim, T.A. Althnaian, S.M. El-Bahr (2019) Gene expression of heat shock proteins/factors (HSP60, HSP70, HSP90, HSF-1, HSF-3) and antioxidant enzyme activities in heat stressed broilers treated with vitamin C. Polish Journal of Veterinary Sciences. 22(3): 565-572.
18. Sabry M. El-Bahr, Mohammed A. Alfattah, Khalid Alkhodair, Sameer Alhojaily, Izzeldin B. Ismail, Saad Al-Sultan and Aml S. Hashem. 2020. Hypolipidemic and antioxidant effects of turmeric in high cholesterol diet-induced hyperlipidemic rats. Current Topics in Phytochemistry. 16: 49-53.
19. A.E. Huwitalla, I.B. Ismail, A.M. Abdelatif, Khalid A. Albusadah, Mohammed A. Alfattah, Khalid Alkhodair, Sameer Alhojaily, Saad Al-Sultan and Sabry M. El-Bahr 2020. Effect of zinc bacitracin supplementation on broiler chicks’ performance and physiological parameters under dry summer conditions. Current topics in Biotechnology. 11: 53-61.
20. Meligy A.M.A., M.M.Waheed, S.M. El-Bahr (2019) Effect of heavy metal arsenic, cadmium, and lead on the semen variables of dromedary camels (Camelusdromedarius). Animal Reproduction Science 208: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anireprosci.2019.(208):106115
21. Mohamed-Borhan Al-Zghoul and Sabry Mohamed El-Bahr (2019) Thermal manipulation of the broilers embryos: expression of muscle markers genes and weights of body and internal organs during embryonic and post-hatch days. BMC Veterinary Research. 15:166-176.
22. Abdulhakeem Eljarah, Mohammad Abdullah, Mohammed Ababneh, Khalil Jawasreh, Mufeed Alnimr, Sabry El-Bahr (2019) CIDR estrous synchronization in the Arabian Oryx (Oryx leucoryx). Theriogenology 132: 113-117.
23. Mohamed-Borhan Al-Zghoul and Sabry Mohamed El-Bahr (2019) Basal and dynamics mRNA expression of muscular HSP108, HSP90, HSF-1 and HSF-2 in thermally manipulated broilers during embryogenesis. BMC Veterinary Research 15:83-94.
24. Ahmed M.A. Meligy, Abdallah Y. Al-Taher, Mohamed Ismail, Abdelmohsen A. Al-Naeem, Sabry M. El-Bahr, Waleed R. El-Ghareeb (2019) pesticides and toxic metals residues in muscle and liver tissues of sheep, cattle and dromedary camel in Saudi Arabia. Slov Vet Res 2019; 56 (Suppl 22): 157–66.
25. Thnaian A. Althnaian, Abdelhay M. Ali, Sabry M. El-Bahr (2019) Pancreatic hormones of dromedary camel: immunohistochemical localization. Journal of Camel Practice and Research. 26(1):15-20.
26. Thnaian A. Althnaian, Abdelhay M. Ali, Sabry M. El-Bahr (2019) Neuropeptides in the pancreas of dromedary camel: immunohistochemical localization. Journal of Camel Practice and Research. 26(2):143-147
27. Thnaian Althnaian, Ibrahim Albokhadaim, SM. El-Bahr (2019): Hepatic Gene expression, antioxidant enzymes and anti-diabetic effect of Nigella sativa in diabetic rats. International Journal of Pharmacology 15 (2): 265-273.
28. Mahmoud El Sebaei, Sabry Mohamed El-Bahr, Mohamed Al-Nazawi1, Sherief Abdel-Raheem (2019) Effect of flaxseed on lipid profile, antioxidants and PPAR-α gene expression in rabbit fed hypercholesterolemic diet. International Journal of Pharmacology. 15(5):642-650.
29. Mahmoud El Sebaei, Sabry Mohamed El-Bahr, Mohamed Al-Nazawi1, Sherief Abdel-Raheem (2019) Effects of green tea ingredients in adipose gene expression, hepatic antioxidants and lipid profile in obese male rats. International Journal of Pharmacology. 15(5):542-548.
30. Al-Ngada RS, Abdelwahab AM, El-Bahr SM (2017) Effect of Dietary supplementation of Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) on Growth, Body Composition and Serum Biochemistry of the Asian Seabass, Lates calcarifer Fingerlings. J. Aquac. Res. Development 8: 518. doi: 10.4172/2155-9546.1000518.
31. A. Eljarah, M. Ababneh, K. Jawasreh, Z. Bani Ismail, A. Alhalah and S.M. El-Bahr
(2017): Estimation of Genetic Diversity of Arabian Oryx (Oryx Leucoryx) In Wadi Rum Area of Jordan by Microsatellite Markers. The Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences, 27(6):1861-1866.
- 7 -
32. AlSadek, Dina M.M., Haitham A. Badr, Tamer A. Al-Shafie, Sabry M. El-Bahr, Motawa E. El-Houseini, Leyla B. Djansugurova, Chen-Zhong Li, Hafiz Ahmed (2017). Cancer cell death induced by nanomagnetolectin. European Journal of Cell Biology 96 (2017) 600–611.
33. Wael M. El-Deeb, Sabry M. El-Bahr (2017) Biomarkers of ketosis in dairy cows at postparturient period: acute phase proteins and pro-inflammatory cytokines. Veterinarski Arhiv 87 (4), 431-440.
34. Sabry M. El-Bahr, Wael M. El-Deeb (2017) Oxidative stress and cardiac biomarkers in lambs affected with enzootic ataxia: the diagnostic and prognostic significance. Veterinarski Arhiv 87 (3), 259-271.
35. Khaled A. Al-Busada, Sabry M. El-Bahr, Abdelmalik I. Khalafalla, (2017). Serum biochemical profile and molecular detection of pathogens in semen of infertile male dromedary camels (Camelus dromedarius). Animal Reproduction Science. 180: 58–65.
36. Abdulhakeem Eljarah, Abdulrhman K. Alhaider, Khalil Jawasreh, Zuhair Bani Ismail, Ashraf Alhalah & Sabry M. El-Bahr (2017): Investigation of scrotal circumference, testicular dimensions and semen characteristics of the vulnerable Arabian oryx (Oryx leucoryx): an approach supports the future use of artificial insemination. Italian Journal of Animal Science. 16(3): 484–489.
37. El-Bahr SM, Mandour AA, Hashem AS (2017) Effect of Dietary Supplementation of Selected Trace Elements or Ascorbic Acid on Protein Patterns of Pre-Immunized Broiler Chickens. Pharm. Pharmacol. Int. J. 5(1): 00110. DOI: 10.15406/ppij.2017.05.00110.
38. El-Bahr, S.M., W.M. El-Deeb and Aml S. Hashem (2017). Biochemical and Molecular Investigation of Antioxidant Enzymes in Liver Tissue of Rats Intoxicated with Carbon Tetrachloride and Treated with Aqueous Extract of Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.). American Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 7(2):79-85.
39. W.M. El-Deeb, S.M. El-Bahr (2017). Biochemical Markers of Ketosis in Dairy Cows at Post-paturient Period: Oxidative Stress Biomarkers and Lipid Profile. American Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 7(2):86-90.
40. El-Bahr, SM., El-Deeb, WM (2016): Trypanosoma evansi in naturally infected Dromedary Camels: lipid profile, oxidative stress parameters, acute phase proteins and proinflammatory cytokines. Parasitology. 143, 518–522.
41. El-Bahr, SM., El-Deeb, WM (2016): Acute phase proteins, oxidative stress biomarkers, proinflammaory cytokines and cardiac troponin in Arabian mares affected with pyometra. Therigenology. 86: 1132-1136.
42. Al-Zghoul, MB; Al-Natour, MQ; Dalab, AS; Alturki, OI; Althnaian, T; Al-ramadan, SY; Hannon, KM; El-Bahr, SM (2016). Thermal Manipulation Mid-term Broiler Chicken Embryogenesis: Effect on Muscle Growth Factors and Muscle Marker Genes. Brazilian Journal of Poultry Science 18(4): 607-618.
43. Tamer A. AI-Shafe, Haitham A.Badr, Dina M.M. AISadek, Sabry M. El-Bahr, Hafiz Ahmed, Mennatallah A. Ali, Alaa Ismail, Motawa E. El-Houseini (2016): Liver-specific stem cells and hepatocellular carginoma: an ln vitro comparison between stem cells isolated from malignant and non-malignant human liver tissue. Journal of the Medical Research Institute 37(2):50-57.
44. B. Elmahdi, M.A. Al-Omair, A.A. El-Bessomy, S.M. El-Bahr (2016): Therapeutic and biochemical effects of garlic (allium sativum) on acrylamide toxicity in rabbits: Glycolytic pathway. International Journal of Pharmacology. 12(4): 429-434.
45. Thnaian Althnaian, Ibrahim Albokhadaim, SM. El-Bahr (2016): Effect of aflatoxin B1 on histopathology and oxidative stress biomarkers in testis of rats with special references to gene expression of antioxidant enzymes. International Journal of Pharmacology. 12(4): 408-414.
46. Barakat Elmahdi, M. Hassan, Sabry Mohamed El-Bahr (2016): Effect of prednisolone on thyroid and gonadotrophic hormones secretion in male domestic rabbits. Thyroid Research and Practice, 13(3):136-139.
47. Mohammad-Borhan Al-Zghoul, Sabry M. El-Bahr, Raida K. Al-Rukibat, Abd Elhafeed S. Dalab, Thnaian A. Althnaian and Saeed Y. Al-ramadan. (2015). Biochemical and molecular investigation of thermal manipulation protocols during broiler embryogenesis and subsequent thermal challenge. BMC Veterinary Research 11: 292-301.
48. Mohammad-Borhan Al-Zghoul, Abd Elhafeed S. Dalab, Imaad E. Yahya, Thnaian A. Althnaian, Saeed Y. Al-ramadan, Abdelhadi M. Ali, Ibrahim F. Albokhadaim, Sabry M. El-Bahr, Khalid Ahmed Al Busadahb, Kevin M. Hannon 2015. Thermal manipulation during broiler chicken embryogenesis: Effect on mRNA expressions of Hsp108, Hsp70, Hsp47 and Hsf-3 during subsequent post-hatch thermal challenge. Research in Veterinary Science. 103: 211-217.
49. Sabry Mohamed El-Bahr, Ahmed Abdelghany (2015). Heavy metal and trace element contents in edible muscle of three commercial fish species, and assessment
of possible risks associated with their human consumption in Saudi Arabia. J. Adv. Vet. Anim. Res., 2(3): 271-278.
50. El-Bahr, S.M., Ghoneim, I.M., Waheed, M.M. 2015. Biochemical and hormonal analysis of follicular fluid and serum of female dromedary camels (Camelus dromedarius) with different sized ovarian follicle. Animal reproduction Science. 159: 98-103.
51. Elmahdi, B., El-Bahr, S.M. 2015. Influence of dietary supplementation of Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.) on serum biochemical parameters of rats fed high cholesterol diet. International Journal of Biological Chemistry. 9(1): 1-10.
52. Ismail, I.B., K.A. Al-Busadah, El-Bahr, S.M. 2015. Biochemical markers of oxidative stress in tissues of broiler chickens fed zinc bacitracin and ascorbic acid under hot climate. International Journal of Biological Chemistry. 9(1): 38-45.
53. Eljalii, I.M., EL-Deeb, W.M., Fouda, T.A., Almujalli, A.M., El-Bahr, S.M. 2015. Blood picture and selected oxidative stress biomarkers in dromedary camels naturally infected with trypanosoma evansi. International Journal of Veterinary Sciences Research, 2015, 1(2): 46-53
54. El-Bahr, S. M. 2015. Effect of Curcumin on Hepatic Antioxidant Enzymes Activities and Gene Expressions in Rats Intoxicated with Aflatoxin B1. Phytother. Res. 29: 134-140.
55. El-Bahr, S. M., M. A. Embaby, A. A. Al-Azraqi, A. M. Abdelghany, Y. A. Hussein, F. A. AL Hizab, T. A. Althnaian 2015. Effect of Curcumin on Aflatoxin B1–Induced Toxicity in Rats: A Biochemical and Histopathological Study. International Journal of Biochemistry Research & Review 5(1): 63-72.
56. Al-Sultan, S.I., El-Bahr S.M. 2015. Effect of Aqueous extract of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.) on selected biochemical and oxidative stress biomarkers in rats intoxicated with carbon tetrachloride. International Journal of Pharmacology. 11(1): 43-49.
57. El-Bahr S.M., I.F. Albokhadaim, 2015. The in vitro metabolic changes of glucocorticoids added to the faeces of ruminants. International Journal of Biological Chemistry. 9(1): 30-37.
58. Al-Sultan, S.I., El-Bahr S.M. 2014. Effect of oral l-carnitine administration on haemato-biochemical parameters of camels (camelus dromedarius). Journal of Camel Practice and Research. 21(1): 51-55.
59. El-Bahr, S.M., El-Sabagh, I. M. 2014. Hepatic Gene Expression of Insulin like Growth Factor and Selected Antioxidants in Diabetic Rats Treated with Turmeric or Black Cumin Seed. British Biotechnology Journal. 4(7): 778-793.
60. El-Bahr, S.M. Al-Azraqi, A. A. 2014. Effects of Dietary Supplementation of Turmeric (Curcuma longa) and Black Cumin Seed (Nigella sativa) in Streptozotocin Induced Diabetic Rats. International Journal of Biochemistry Research & Review. 4(6): 481-492.
61. El-Bahr, S.M. 2014. Camel milk regulates gene expression and activities of hepatic antioxidants enzymes in rats intoxicated with carbon tetrachloride. Asian journal of Biochemistry, 9(1): 30-40.
62. El-Bahr, S.M., Taha, NM. Korshom, MA. Mandour, AA. Lebdah MA. 2014. Influence of Combined Administration of Turmeric and Black Seed on Selected Biochemical Parameters of Diabetic Rats. Alexandria Journal of Veterinary Sciences. 41:1-10.
63. WM El-Deeb, TA Fouda, El-Bahr, S.M. 2014. Clinico-biochemical Investigation of Paratuberculosis of Dromedary Camels in Saudi Arabia: Proinflammatory Cytokines, Acute Phase Proteins and Oxidative Stress Biomarkers. Pakistan Veterinary journal. 34(4): 484-488.
64. Saad I. Al-Sultan, El-Bahr, S.M. 2014. Effect of Urea on Hematological and Selected Biochemical Parameters of Growing Somali Lambs. Journal of Animal Research: 4: 65-73.
65. El-Deeb, W., El-Bahr S.M. 2014. Selected biochemical indicators of Equine Rhabdomyolysis in Arabian Horses: Acute Phase Proteins and trace elements. Journal of Equine Veterinary Science. 34:484-488.
66. El-Deeb, W., El-Bahr S.M. 2014. Acute phase proteins and oxidative stress biomarkers in water buffalo calves subjected to transportation stress. Clin. Comp. Pathol. 23: 577-582.
OTHER EMAIL ID'S
Google scholar = 21: (82 papers; total citations 2022; highest citations 490).
Scopus = 15: (63 papers; Total citation 1029; highest citation 315).
Research ID 12: (51 paper).
D-6380-2015 URL: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/D-6380-2015
Married with two sons
Al-Hufof, Al-Olia, Al-Ahsa, Saudi Arabia
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, King Faisal
University, Al-Ahsa, Kingdome of Saudi Arabia